Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up for a free adult eye examination and glasses?
You can sign up for a free eye exam through Care Harbor. For more information on how to sign up and locations of the exams, please click on ‘patients' tab on https://careharbor.org/
- Does the UCLA Mobile Eye Clinic conduct screenings or examinations at Stein Eye Institute?
The UCLA Mobile Eye Clinic does NOT conduct screenings or examinations at Stein Eye Institute.
- Do I need to have insurance to be screened?
Insurance is not required. The UCLA Mobile Eye Clinic does not check for any kind of identification or documentation.
- Will I receive a pair of eyeglasses if needed?
Yes, you will receive a pair of eyeglasses if you were seen at Care Harbor.
- How do I volunteer?
The instructions on how to volunteer can be found here.
- How do I request the Mobile Eye Clinic's attendance and services at my event?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing, please include details such as the name, date, expected turnout, and number of years that the event has been organized. Please note that we do not provide prescriptions nor glasses at community events. We do provide eye health screenings for diseases such as glaucoma and cataracts, and refer to specialists as needed.
- Does UCLA Mobile Eye Clinic take individual appointments?
No, we do not take individual appointments. We work with program partners such as schools and homeless shelters. Talk to your case manager, local community center, your child’s school, etc. and have them contact us to schedule a clinic at their location.
- How do I sign up for my child’s screening or examination?
You can sign up through your child’s school.
- Do I need to be present at my child’s screening or examination?
Parents do not need to be present at their child’s screening or examination. However, we will need a signed consent form from the parents. Please contact your child’s school for more information.
- What do I do if my child broke or lost his/her eyeglasses?
If your child’s eyeglasses are broken and/or lost within 6 months of receiving the first pair of eyeglasses, parents may report it to the preschool or to our office at (310)825-2195. A pair of replacement glasses may be ordered if the child was given a full eye exam during the school year. You may choose to have the replacement eyeglasses be picked up at your child’s school or mailed home. Please note that only one replacement pair will be given.
- Where do I go for the child’s follow-up examination?
The UCLA Mobile Eye Clinic will return to the location of initial screening or a site in that area for a follow-up examination with a Stein Eye Ophthalmologist. Eye examinations will NOT be conducted at Stein Eye Institute.